Saturday, November 14, 2009

Gay Marriage, Pot Smoking & Trips to CubaMay become Legal

http://www.slate.com/id/2234017/?gt1=38001

""I think this would be a good time for a beer," Franklin D. Roosevelt said upon signing a bill that made 3.2-percent lager legal again, some months ahead of the full repeal of Prohibition." I could not have said it better. Jacob Weisburg wrote this article that caught my eye not that I am a homosexual or that I take illegal drugs nor do I have any burning interest in going to Cuba. But that society has changed drastically the introduction of the Internet has broadened our horizons and have brought taboo conversations to our dinner tables. Our age of innocence is all but gone and needs to be expanded. I am a strong believer that youth needs to be protected and kids need to continue to be kids riding bikes & playing outside. But with new exciting world at our dinner tables the same rules to the conservative society is gone. As a Republican I read this and open the doors to legalizing pot (as long as we can gain tax revenue) and if someone feels they are a homosexual than let them pursue happiness they have that right who am I to stand in there way. But I would hold off on Cuba they are not ready to embrace the American culture. It was not long ago our grandparents where digging nuclear bomb shelters in there back yards because they aimed Russian Nuclear warheads at Americans, this was dinner table talk for me growing up in the 70's and 80's.

No comments:

Post a Comment