Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Police seize 31 cats from locked boxes

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2010/05/05/Police-seize-31-cats-from-locked-boxes/UPI-62231273076590/


Here's another disgusting case of animal cruelty. Police found 31 cats in small, wooden, locked boxes. The boxes were screwed shut and had tiny vents (that served no purpose as the vents were covered by the boxes being stacked one on top of the other). Animal control seized all 31 cats and 2 dogs.

Of course the residents are only being misdemeanor, which doesn't surprise me at all. I've said it once and I'll say it again, we need harsher punishments for animal cruelty, stronger laws to protect animals, and more advocates to speak out on their behalf.

2 comments:

  1. Aw, that sucks. I agree with you. We sure do need to have more punishments for animal cruelty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also agree! This is so disturbing.

    ReplyDelete