Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Grandma arrested for teen slap

http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2010/05/04/Grandma-arrested-for-teen-slap/UPI-69641272992704/

An 18 year old girl went over to her grandmother's house to do homework. Instead of completing her assignments, she decided to repeatedly throw the "Fbomb" at her 73 year old grandmother. The grandmother alledges that the girl then proceeded to punch her in the face. Instead of the teen being arrested, the grandmother was. She said "she has to wait until her next court date, which has not been set, to find out if the charges against her will be pursued".

I picked this article because I thought it was hilarious. If I would have ever used the f-word in the presence of my grandmom, I probably would never see the light of day again. And if the cops came to arrest her, she probably would have been the one throwing fists. This whole case is stupid and I hope that the charges against the grandmother are dropped.

2 comments:

  1. I agree! I don't think the grandmother should be charged at all. She slapped her granddaughter for mistreating her! She didn't beat the crap out of her, she didn't use a weapon, and if the granddaughter punched her first why isn't the slap considered self-defence. This case if ridiculous! I hope grandaughter feels horrible for her grandmother having to spend time in jail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I agree too! That is so sad... poor Grandma. I don't think its the end of the world if your parent or guardian hits once for being out of control. It is defintely a different story if the child is getting beaten or it is continous abuse. From where I come from you never disrespect Grandma! I can't believe a 73 year old woman had to spend the night in jail over something like this.

    ReplyDelete