Sunday, May 9, 2010

Key hearings this week in Casey Anthony's murder trial

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/05/09/florida.casey.anthony.court/index.html

I picked this article because its a case I think we're all familiar with. For those of you who have been living under a rock, Casey Anthony has pleaded not guilty to the murder of her 2 year old daughter Caylee. The story was huge back in June 2008 when Caylee was considered a "missing child" and Casey was repeatedly caught in lie after lie. December of that same year Caylee's body was found within a mile of the Anthony home. The hearings this week will decide whether or not Casey is facing the death penalty.

In her case, I hope they don't cut her ANY slack. I'm not a death penalty advocate, but I cannot honestly say that life in prison is enough of a punishment.

1 comment:

  1. If she is guilty, I also think she at least deserves life in prison. I will also say that I don't think the pictures of her with her friends has any relevance on the case and should not be used against her. There seems to be enough evidence without those pictures to convict her. I think her mother's comments and 911 call, on the other hand, are relevant. This is such a sad story.

    ReplyDelete