Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Peta Investigation Prompts Federal US Arrest Warrant For NZ Animal Dealer

http://www.voxy.co.nz/national/peta-investigation-prompts-federal-us-arrest-warrant-nz-animal-dealer/5/47392

Stemming from a Peta investigation, more than 26,000 animals have been seized from US Global Exotics. Owner Jasen Shaw is now on the run from the US government and is under investigation for numerous violations of US Lacey Act (a wildlife protection law), including smuggling, conspiracy, and aiding and abetting.

"Federal wildlife laws protect species from over-exploitation and ensure humane transport of live animals in trade," said Special Agent-in-Charge Nicholas Chavez, who oversees US Fish and Wildlife Service law-enforcement operations in the Southwest.

I picked this article because I'm obviously very interested in animal rights. Again, I hope this guy and his wife get the worst punishment possible. A few years back, I myself bought my dog from a pet store. Don't get me wrong I love her, but I should have done my research. This isn't a case about dogs, but knowing what happens to the exotics makes me agry that I put money in a petstore's hands. If you don't know anything about the illegal pet trade and are interested in buying a pet here's some more info: http://www.peta.org/pettrade/learn-more.asp

If you're looking to adopt try petfinder.com. There are literally thousands of pets waiting for you to take them home.
http://www.petfinder.com/pet-search?animal_type=&pet_breed=&location=19056&distance=0 (animals in bucks county, pa)

No comments:

Post a Comment