Friday, March 26, 2010

Toyota accelerator lawsuits go to US court

As a Toyota owner, this article caught my attention. Fortunately my car was not affected by the recall! Supposedly this has been an ongoing problem since 2002, which leaves me wondering, 'Why weren't the recalls put out then?!' I always equated Toyota with safety and a great reputation, however while I still feel safe in my car, I don't think I will be as quick to buy another Toyota. The leader for the consortium for the plaintiff attorneys has suggested that if Toyota doesn't settle, that they may be setting themselves up for bankruptcy. This is very unfortunate because it appears that all of this could have been prevented.


http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100325/ts_alt_afp/usjapanautocompanycourttoyota

No comments:

Post a Comment