Sunday, April 25, 2010

Teenager Son Sues Own Mother for Facebook

A teenager from Arkansas is suing his mother for hacking in to his Facebook account. Officials said that the 16-year old son’s mother changed his account password and was posting comments and posts without his approval. Denise, the son’s mother, has been charged with harassment. She felt that she had the right to monitor her son’s account because of his actions that were being posted on his account. Harassment can and will be charged if a person feels that have been seriously annoyed and/or abused.
I personally understand that the son could be upset over his disrespected privacy although, I don’t believe its enough to sue your own mother… over Facebook! There is a lack of communication between mother and son there and I feel they could have worked it out. But then again, if his mother was posting “slanderous” comments about her son, which of comments we are unaware about, I could understand him being unhappy with that. If the son really wants to go through with suing his mother, the court will probably side with the son only because he was the one that was harassed. Do you think when he gets older he’ll regret suing his mom?

http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2010/04/07/Son-sues-mother-for-Facebook-harassment/UPI-84981270674472/

3 comments:

  1. I agree that the son could feel disrespected by his mom using his Facebook but I think it goes a little too far when you are attempting to sure your mother over Facebook it is kind of ridiculous. This is a matter I feel that any parent and son/daughter should easily be able to settle by themselves with basic communication. I think anyone would be upset with their parent monitoring their Facebook but what parent does not want their son or daughter to be safe because I know I would. Depending on what his mother has said then it would change the circumstances of the situation. I think when he gets older he will discover suing his mom was a bad idea but it is something that may have to be done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He'll regret it later on in life.
    I think as adults most of us turn out regretting all the grief we gave our parents as teenagers...

    ReplyDelete