Monday, April 5, 2010

Court rules for woman and against Massachusetts public course in discrimination case | Deseret News

Okay, first I want to say that I do believe women should have the same rights and privileges as men. Second, don't be angry, I also think that there is an obvious reason that there are separate teams for men and women. I played on a softball team and I was the only girl (the other girls quit). Granted it was with co-workers, but had they told me I couldn't play because I was a girl, that would have been different.

It's not like someone told her she couldn't play golf, they just told her she couldn't play in a MEN's tournament. I don't see a problem with that. Would the women in the amateur women's golfers be okay with a man joining their tournament? If women are allowed to play in mens' tournaments and presumeably men can play in womens' tournaments, why have separate teams?! I think the bigger issue is that the men get 10 days to play and women only get 2.

I also don't think she deserves to get dime...they're letting her play, which is what she wanted in the first place! Ironically, she hasn't played in a men's tournament because she says "If I go back and play, it could be construed as everything is fine now. It is not over yet."


Court rules for woman and against Massachusetts public course in discrimination case | Deseret News

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you on this one. I wonder how she would feel if a man wanted to play in the Women's tournament. I bet she'd be singing another tune if that were the case. I don’t think she deserves a dime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Sounds like she was just trying to make a buck.

    ReplyDelete