Friday, September 18, 2009

Prison guards demand right to complain online

This article is an issue dealing with facebook which im sure many of you have, even my mom has one. Some guards who had a facebook vented their personal feelings on their page about superiors they dislike. The superiors found it and are trying to take disciplinary actions against the guards or even fire them. Theyre fighting this claiming its bordering violation of privacy and that facebook is a social networking site for personal use and this was done on personal time. It pretty interesting, I never heard of anyone getting in trouble for something like this. I worked in a retail store where we all had a myspace and some drama went down but never brought into the work place. I dont think they should be punished, have a read and feel free to comment.
http://www.ask.com/bar?q=current+business+events&page=1&qsrc=0&ab=0&u=http%3A%2F%2Fnews.yahoo.com%2F

2 comments:

  1. In my opinion, one would think some kind of discretion would be used in a public domain. I would have to say that bad talking your superior or anyone else would be borderline slander.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would have to agree with Bernardine. However, there are a few ways to look at this. Facebook is for social networking but it is for the public to see and the guards did do this on their own time not in the work place. I believe facebook can be actually very dangerous if not used for its intentional purposes. Facebook is suppose to be used for freinds and family to reconnect, chat, play games, meet people etc. Some people do not use facebook for those reasons which cause it to be somewhat dangerous, for example the kid in Springfield...I feel that this social networking site should only be used as the reasons I stated in order to protect privacy since everyone can view your profile.(depending if you want them to)

    ReplyDelete