Wednesday, September 30, 2009

'Girls Gone Wild' Founder Pleads in Tax Case

So this was pretty amusing to me, I have acute insomnia and tend to watch late night TV which is filled with annoying 900# commercials and every 5 minutes a Girls Gone Wild advertisment. This article link is about the founder of girls gone wild cheating the government on his taxes for 6 years! He has entered a guilty plea and is avoiding jail time by paying a larg fine. So he's back to videoing crazy drunk college students and making my night time TV annoying...I find it ridiculous myself but read the article also below are some links to articles before and during his trial.

http://crime.about.com/b/2009/09/23/girls-gone-wild-founder-pleads-in-tax-case.htm

4 comments:

  1. WOW! I hate them too, trying to watch tv late with these commercials are frankly annoying. I don't understand why this guy would cheat the government, im sure he is a millionaire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First comment I want to make is that America is about free enterprise. Obviously, this guy's choice of enterprise is very lucrative. But I do not understand the greediness of people. Second, in my personal opinion I think this guy should serve time in jail for his wrongdoing. No one is above the law. If he just has to pay a fine then what would stop him from doing this again in the future?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something like that doesn't seem to be very uncommon these days. A lot of people that are making money at that level seem to be avoiding their taxes and I've seen plenty of things about that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Bernadine and Rich. There are plenty of people out there making money like this and they thing they are above the law. Well money doesn't mean you are better than the average Joe. I think this guy should have served some time too. We need to teach people like him that you can't just do what you want because you make millions!

    ReplyDelete